- About Hydropower
- On Your River
- Policy Watch
- About Us
Carver Falls : P-11475
- Poultney River
- NY, VT
- 1.90 MW
- Download License
- CENTRAL VERMONT PUBLIC SERVICE CORPORATION
The existing Carver Falls Project includes a 514-foot-long concrete and stone masonry dam that impounds a 10-acre reservoir. The powerhouse contains a 1.1 MW and 0.80 MW generating unit with a total installed capacity of 1.9 MW.
A Settlement Agreement accompanies the license which has five key provisions:
- Walleye Spawning- Central Vermont would provide a continuous flow to the bypassed reach of 50 cfs, or inflow, if less, from April 1 throughMay 15 of each year to protect walleye spawning inthe bypassed reach.
- Penstock Removal- To improve site aesthetics, Central Vermont would remove the site's two abandoned,
above-ground penstocks and concrete cradles. The stone cradles would remain
- Public Access- Central Vermont would provide improved parking and viewing accessopportunities for the general public at the falls
- Aesthetic Releases- Central Vermont would release a flow over the southern spillway of 2.5 inches,6 or inflow, if less, for aesthetic purposes onMemorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Columbus Day, and every Sunday during the months of July and August. These flows would be released during daylight hours commencing at 9:00 a.m
- Carver Falls Advisory Council- The Settlement would establish a Carver Falls Advisory Council, chaired by the New York DEC, to represent various interests in the project.
|Original License Application Filed||04-25-1994|
|Draft EA Issued||09-30-1996|
|Offer of Settlement Filed||12-12-1996|