- About Hydropower
- On Your River
- Policy Watch
- About Us
Lace : P-13599
- Lace Lake
- Green Power Development, LLC
After the preliminary permit issued to Green Power Development, LLC for this project FERC expired in August 2013, the applicant requested a successive preliminary permit to continue to study the feasibility of the project. FERC, in its February 14 order, denied the applicant a successive permit because Green Power had not demonstrated due diligence and good faith during the term of its previous preliminary permit. FERC determined that not only had the applcant failed to make any resonable progress but had also not yet determined whether the project would include a dam.
Alaska Power had also expressed interest in developing this site in 2010.
The proposed project consisted of
- Lake tap or 20-foot-high, concrete dam;
- 8,800-foot-long, 22- to 24-inch-diameter penstock;
- 5.8-mile-long, 14.4-24.9-kV transmission line;
- road access (no information).