Waterway: Ossipee R
License issued: 10/24/1990
License expires: 9/30/2030
The Keazar Falls Hydroelectric Project is comprised of an upper and lower development and the two dams have existed on the project site since before 1869. The two dams were converted to hydroelectric facilities in the early 1900’s (the lower powerhouse was constructed in 1910).
The project is operated in a run-of-river mode for the protection of water quality, aquatic resources, and aesthetic values in the Ossipee River. Run-of-river operation may be temporarily modified, if required, by operating emergencies beyond the control of the licensee, or for short periods upon mutual agreement between the licensee and the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.