Waterway: Cook Inlet
License issued: 2/12/2014
License expires: 1/31/2017
The applicant filed a successive preliminary permit application in January 2013. In July 2013, FERC noticed the application, which was approved through a new preliminary permit in February 2014.
Proposed Conventional tidal energy project:
- 1,000-foot-wide concrete and rock tidal barrage, housing turbines —
- 2 additional barrages to direct water flow (dimensions not specified):
- 1-mile-wide by 2-mile-ling rock-filled reservoir;
- 24-mile-long 230 kV transmission;
- 52-mile-long, 230 kV transmission,
- road access (no information).
The original preliminary permit is available here.