Now Accepting Applications for the Environmentalist of the Year Scholarship!
Since 2002, SYRCL has awarded $4,000 scholarships ($1,000/year for four years) annually to students who have demonstrated an impressive commitment to the environment. The recipients are distinguished by their service, academic achievements, and extra-curricular activities. We are excited to continue this tradition and expand our reach. From December 16th, 2021 to February 18th, 2022, we will be accepting scholarship applications from both Nevada and Yuba County graduating high school seniors.
“Investing in our youth is a priority at SYRCL. We take pride in offering this scholarship to support outstanding young people who are committed to making a positive impact. It is a joy to see young people, inspired by our local environment, who want to use their education to lead, affect change, and seek solutions to some of today’s most pressing environmental challenges,” says Melinda Booth, SYRCL’s Executive Director.
- Applicants must be a resident of either Nevada County or Yuba County.
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Commitment to pursue an environmentally-related degree
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which is from a teacher, coach, or mentor)
- Demonstrated community leadership, extra-curricular activity, environmental volunteerism
- Need is a consideration in awarding this scholarship
- Preference will be given to students with a history of volunteering at SYRCL, but is not required to receive this award
Questions? Contact our River Education Manager, Monique Streit, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 265-5961 ext. 218