Au Sable River
|Current status||Active |
|Type of facility||Conventional Hydro|
|Mode of hydropower generation||Reregulating|
|Type of permit||FERC License|
|FERC docket #||P-2436|
|FERC project name||Foote|
Ownership and operation
|Owner||Consumers Energy Co|
|Owner type||Investor-Owned Utility|
|Year first online (conventional hydro)||1918|
|Transmission or distribution system owner||Consumers Energy Co|
Power and generating capacity
|Number of units||3|
|Total capacity from hydraulic turbine-generator units within each plant||9.0 mW|
|Average annual net hydropower generation||29,305.7 mWH|
- A dam containing two existing earth fill embankment sections, a concrete core wall, and a steel sheet pile cutoff wall
- A 93-foot-long reinforced concrete spillway
- An impoundment with an area of 1,702 acre-feet
- A concrete powerhouse with three generating units
- Transmission facilities, including a powerhouse step-up substation and a 600-foot-long, 46-kilovolt transmission line and appurtenant facilities.
- Average annual energy production of 30,906 megawatt hours (MWh), based on a ten-year period of record from 1980 through 1989.
For a detailed description of this project and 10 others included in the Consumers Settlement Agreement, read this summary.
Is there something you’d like to add or correct? Please let us know.