Muddy Boggy Creek
|Current status||Active |
|Type of facility||Conventional Hydro|
|Type of permit||FERC License|
|External news story||View|
|FERC docket #||P-8492|
|FERC project name||McGee Creek Dam|
Ownership and operation
|Owner||McGee Creek Authority|
|Owner type||Publicly Owned Utility|
|Year first online (conventional hydro)||1992|
Power and generating capacity
|Number of units||1|
|Total capacity from hydraulic turbine-generator units within each plant||0.1 MW|
|Average annual net hydropower generation||730.0 MWH|
FERC approved license surrender for this project in Nov. 2022.
- Small, 85 kW project that operated at required minimum flow.
- Out of operation since 2015, when the wicket gates became stuck in the closed position.
- Uneconomical: it would take 17 years to recoup the cost of fixing the project, with a 20-yr guarantee on the new generator.
- 161 ft-high dam will be left in place per the surrender order.
- High hazard dam.
- Dam owned by the Bureau of Reclamation.
Is there something you’d like to add or correct? Please let us know.