|Current status||Active |
|Type of facility||Conventional Hydro|
|Mode of hydropower generation||Run-of-river|
|Type of permit||FERC License|
|FERC docket #||P-9340|
|FERC project name||Kezar Falls Lower|
|Other projects with this FERC number|
Ownership and operation
|Owner||Central Maine Power Co|
|Owner type||Investor-Owned Utility|
|Year first online (conventional hydro)||1910|
Power and generating capacity
|Number of units||1|
|Total capacity from hydraulic turbine-generator units within each plant||0.4 mW|
|Average annual net hydropower generation||1,784.6 mWH|
The Keazar Falls Hydroelectric Project is comprised of an upper and lower development and the two dams have existed on the project site since before 1869. The two dams were converted to hydroelectric facilities in the early 1900’s (the lower powerhouse was constructed in 1910).
The project is operated in a run-of-river mode for the protection of water quality, aquatic resources, and aesthetic values in the Ossipee River. Run-of-river operation may be temporarily modified, if required, by operating emergencies beyond the control of the licensee, or for short periods upon mutual agreement between the licensee and the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
Is there something you’d like to add or correct? Please let us know.