This study aims to evaluate the feasibility of integrating a battery storage system (BSS) with the hydropower plants at Wilder, Bellows Falls, and Vernon as an alternative to the current stored hydropower system. The driving questions guiding this study are:
- Should the hydropower plants integrate a battery storage system?
- What type, size and configuration of battery storage must they employ?
- How much would the battery system cost?
- What are the technical and economic barriers?
- What are the policy and tax benefits associated with this transition?