Blacksmith Fork Logan River
|Current status||Active |
|Type of facility||Conventional Hydro|
|Mode of hydropower generation||Run-of-river|
|Type of permit||FERC License|
|FERC docket #||P-946|
|FERC project name||Hyrum|
Ownership and operation
|Owner||Hyrum City Corporation|
|Owner type||Publicly Owned Utility|
|Year first online (conventional hydro)||1931|
Power and generating capacity
|Number of units||1|
|Total capacity from hydraulic turbine-generator units within each plant||0.5 mW|
Download license summary for the Hyrum project.
The project is located on the Blacksmith Fork River in Cache County, Utah, and occupies 17.14 acres of federal lands within the Wasatch Cache National Forest. The project includes the following constructed facilities:
- a 260 foot-long dam consisting of a 15-foot-high, 70-foot-long earth-fill concrete core embankment to the north; a 14-foot-high, 65-foot-long concrete spillway section; and a 15-foot-high, 125- foot-long earth-fill concrete core embankment to the south,
- a 37-acre-foot de-silting reservoir (forebay);
- a 16-foot-high, 8-foot-wide concrete intake structure with a 20- foot-high, 8-foot-wide trash rack;
- a 60-inch-diameter concrete penstock inlet with head gate;
- a 3,470-foot-long, 48-inch-diameter concrete penstock going into a 130-foot-long, 42-inch-diameter steel penstock;
- a 26-foot-wide, 39-foot-long, 20-foot-high brick powerhouse containing a 400-kW Leffel horizontal shaft scroll case turbine;
- a 60-foot-long, 2.4-kilovolt (kV) underground transmission line and;
- appurtenant facilities.
Is there something you’d like to add or correct? Please let us know.
News and updates
From South Yuba River Citizens League3/20/2023
SYRCL’s 40th Anniversary Film YUBA IS THE HEART is now available to view.
From Idaho Rivers United3/17/2023